Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
As a car owner, getting adequate auto insurance is essential for the safety and protection of you and your vehicle. With our network of quality carrier options available to you, our agents will find you an auto insurance policy that is both adequate and affordable.
Nexus Point Advisors is the trusted source for auto insurance in Locust Valley, New York. When you come to us, we take the hassle out of working with a large, impersonal insurance company while still helping you get personalized insurance solutions that help you when you need them most.
To get your auto insurance policy today, visit our website or call us at 844-673-8439.
Common Auto Insurance Questions
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Your auto insurance policy is an agreement you have with your insurance company. You pay for coverage, and your insurer pays for injuries, vehicle repairs and other types of property damage. The type of insurance policy you choose will determine your coverage limits.
Typically, you make a claim with your insurer If your vehicle is damaged, stolen or involved in an accident. Doing so helps you to avoid paying the costs yourself. The source of the damage and the responsible party may affect your overall claim.
What does auto insurance cover?
Every auto policy is different, and what you’re required to carry may vary based on state mandates and whether or not your vehicle is financed. Listed below are common types of auto insurance coverages that may be available to you:
- Liability insurance. If an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage may help you pay for the damage you do to others (such as other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you. You are required to carry minimum amounts of liability coverage in the state of New York.
- Bodily injury liability coverage. This helps pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage. This helps pay for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision insurance. This coverage helps to pay for damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance. This coverage helps pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Personal injury protection. If you or any other covered drivers or passengers under your policy get hurt in an accident, regardless of who is deemed at fault, this coverage can help pay for your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
How Much Auto Insurance Should I Have?
Figuring out how much auto insurance you need to have is a common challenge. You need to consider your personal auto insurance needs and any applicable state minimum auto insurance mandates. New York is a no-fault state, which means all drivers must have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to help pay for injuries from a covered car accident, regardless of who is at fault. New York state law also requires drivers to carry minimum levels of liability coverage.
But just because you meet the state’s minimums on auto insurance doesn’t mean you’re adequately insured. The right auto insurance coverage can help protect you against financial loss. Nexus agents can work with you to discuss your auto insurance needs and help you find a policy that meets those needs and satisfies your compliance obligations under New York state law.
What does auto insurance cost?
Numerous factors can influence the cost of your auto policy, including:
- Your chosen coverage limits
- The value of your vehicle
- Your driving accident history
- Your history of claims on other auto policies
- Where you live
- How far you drive each year
It’s possible for two drivers to have identical policies but still pay different prices for them. However, we’ll make sure that we search our carrier network to help you find the policy that will offer you the best price for the benefits of your choice.
Contact one of our Nexus agents at 844-673-8439 or visit our website for a quote on an auto insurance policy today.